- All products are added to your cart.
Premium freeze dried Chaetoceros muelleri microalgae
Chaetoceros muelleri is one of the most extensively used microalgae in aquaculture. Chaetoceros is a rich source of both valuable ω-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, but also cholesterol. In addition, it contains high levels of carotenoids/antioxidants such as fucoxanthin and diadinoxanthin.
ChaetoPrime consists of Chaetoceros muelleri (CHGRA) that is produced under the most stringently controlled conditions (HACCP and FCA certified by SGS (FCA certificate BE 01/1522.GF)). Chaetoceros produced at Proviron accumulates high levels of the ω-3 poly-unsaturated fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) present in a readily bioavailable form. It is freeze dried according to a proprietary process to yield a premium grade product with the longest shelf life, no nutrient leakage, maintenance of the correct lipid profiles and an ensured bioavailability of ω-3 poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
- Optimal nutrient profile: High levels of the ω-3 poly-unsaturated fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), sterols (cholesterol), vitamins and pigments/antioxidants such as fucoxanthin and diadinoxanthin.
- Single Cell dispersion: Excellent for filter feeders and Green Water Technique thanks to the single cell dispersion. ChaetoPrime remains in the water column for very long periods without fouling your tanks.
- Gut development: Gives the larvae a head start by activating the digestive system.
- Rotifer (pre)-enrichment: High levels of EPA, DHA and cholesterol, and pigments such as fucoxanthin and diadinoxanthin.
- Pathogen free: No sourcing from natural salt water. No fish, shrimp, shellfish or other aquatic organisms (pathogen vectors) grown in the vicinity of our production. Constant biological monitoring.
- Long shelf life: ChaetoPrime can be stored for 36 months in normal conditions. It does not need to be frozen or cooled.
You can download the ChaetoPrime Product Leaflet here
- ChaetoPrime is the perfect larval feed for shrimp or prawn, oyster and sea cucumber.
- ChaetoPrime can also be used for green water treatment. Direct addition to your larval tanks improves larval performance, reduces stress, controls the bacterial environment and maintains the nutritional value of live prey.
- ChaetoPrime can also be used as a EPA/DHA (pre-)enrichment product for rotifers, providing all the necessary nutrients needed to obtain the optimal composition to feed your fish larvae.
- ChaetoPrime is the easy-to-use back-up alternative for your live algae, available off the shelf at any time.
Chaetoceros muelleri (CHGRA) has a proven track record for the cultivation of the following species:
- Black tiger shrimp or giant tiger prawn (Penaeus monodon)
- Whiteleg shrimp or King prawn (Litopenaeus vannamei)
- Seabass (Dicentrarchus labrax, …)
- Seabream (Sparus aurata)
- Turbot (Scophthalmus maximus)
- Halibut (Hippoglossus sp.)
- Sole (Solea solea)
- Barramundi (Lates calcarifer)
- Milkfish (Chanos chanos)
- Sea cucumber/sandfish (Holothuria scabra)
- Sea urchin
- EU No 2017/1017 - catalogue of feed material
- EU No 767/2009 - placing on the market and use of feed and its amendments
- EU No 183/2005 - requirements for feed hygiene
- EU No 32/2002 - undesirable substances in animal feed