- All products are added to your cart.
Premium freeze dried Tetraselmis chuii microalgae
Tetraselmis chuii is among the most extensively used microalgae in aquaculture. Besides having EPA as important ω-3 fatty acid, it is also a rich source of pigments, and vitamins E and tocopherol. It is reported to exhibit antibacterial action against a number of aquaculture pathogens from the genera Vibrio (eg. V. alginolyticus, V. salmonicida), Aeromonas (eg. A. salmonicida), among others (Austin et al., 1992; Regunathan & Wesley, 2004).
TetraPrime C consists of Tetraselmis chuii that is produced under the most stringently controlled conditions (HACCP and FCA certified (FCA certificate BE 01/1522.GF)). It is freeze dried according to a proprietary process to yield a premium grade product with the longest shelf life, no nutrient leakage, maintenance of the correct lipid profiles and an ensured bioavailability of ω-3 poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
TetraPrime C offers:
- Optimal nutrient profile: High levels of the ω-3 poly-unsaturated fatty acid eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), vitamins and pigments.
- Single Cell dispersion: TetraPrime exhibits the same characteristics as live Tetraselmis and easily disperses into single cells upon gentle stirring.
- Antibacterial protection: Tetraselmis exhibits antibacterial action against a number of aquaculture pathogens from the genera Vibrio (eg. V. alginolyticus, V. salmonicida), Aeromonas (eg. A. salmonicida), among others.
- Gut development: Gives the larvae a head start by activating the digestive system.
- Pathogen free: No sourcing from natural salt water. No fish, shrimp, shellfish or other aquatic organisms (pathogen vectors) grown in the vicinity of our production. Constant biological monitoring.
- Long shelf life: TetraPrime C can be stored for 36 months in normal conditions. It does not need to be frozen or cooled.
You can download the TetraPrime Product Leaflet here
- TetraPrime C is the ideal product for green water treatment as replacement of live Tetraselmis chuii or other microalgae. Direct addition to the oyster, clam, fish or shrimp larval tanks improves larval performance, controls the bacterial environment and maintains the nutritional value of live prey.
- TetraPrime C, in combination with NannoPrime, is also the preferential rotifer culture diet providing all the necessary nutrients needed to obtain stable and dense rotifer cultures with high growth rates, high fecundity (high egg ratios) and excellent nutritional profile.
- TetraPrime C is the easy-to-use back-up alternative for your live algae, available off the shelf at any time.
Tetraselmis chuii has a proven track record for the cultivation of the following species:
- Seabass (Dicentrarchus labrax, …)
- Seabream (Sparus aurata)
- Turbot (Scophthalmus maximus)
- Halibut (Hippoglossus sp.)
- Sole (Solea solea)
- Barramundi (Lates calcarifer)
- Milkfish (Chanos chanos)
- Oyster (Crassostrea gigas, Ostrea edulis, ...)
- Clam (Ruditapes philipinnarum or Venerupis philippinarum, ...)
- Black tiger shrimp or giant tiger prawn (Penaeus monodon)
- Whiteleg shrimp or King prawn (Litopenaeus vannamei)
- Sea cucumber/sandfish (Holothuria scabra)
- EU No 2017/1017 - catalogue of feed material
- EU No 767/2009 - placing on the market and use of feed and its amendments
- EU No 183/2005 - requirements for feed hygiene
- EU No 32/2002 - undesirable substances in animal feed