- All products are added to your cart.
Green Water Technique
Proviron Prime microalgae, a one to one replacement of live algae in the Green Water Technique
Green water is a technique commonly used in aquaculture. The benefits have been shown for several (marine) fish species, molluscs and crustaceans. The method consists of adding algae in the water during larvae culture.
Several hypotheses exist to explain the beneficial effects green water: a direct food source through active uptake, stimulation of the non-specific immune system in the larvae, action as a probiotic, increase in contrast to reveal preys, microbial control by algal exudates in tank water and/or larval gut, ...
Proviron's Prime freeze dried microalgae provide a one to one replacement of live algae for your larval fish and shrimp at equal performance (survival rate, growth, rejections, …) .
Why choose Proviron for Green Water Technique
- Single Cell dispersion
- Retains the characteristic buoyancy of live algae
- Floats in the water column
- No fouling of your tanks
How-to use: dispersion of NannoPrime/IsoPrime microalgae in water
- Gently mix the dried algae in seawater (10 g/L starting concentration)
- Leave for 5 minutes to rehydrate and gently mix (spoon mixing is sufficient) again.
- Pour the algae dispersion through a 50 µm sieve before use in the larvae tank.
- Dispersed algae can be stored in the refrigerator for 48h (simple spoon mixing before use)
- A pre-concentrate of algae can be prepared per day and stored in the refrigerator.
- The freeze dried microalgae do not settle in the larval tank
Single cell dispersion
Provirons microalgae readily and absolutely disperses into single cells without leaking its content. As a result it retains the characteristic buoyancy of live algae and remains in the water column for very long periods without fouling your tanks.