- All products are added to your cart.
How to Use
Preparation of the tank
- Clean and disinfect the culture tank, airstones, air tubing prior to use (use e.g. 200 g/m³ active chlorine + detergent)
- Disinfect the water of the tank with e.g. 5 g/m³ of active chlorine and aerate gently for 1 hour
- Deactivate any remaining chlorine by adding 7 g/m³ sodium thiosulphate
- Suspend airstones 15 cm above the tank floor, along the periphery and in the center to allow sedimentation and flushing of waste particles
- Gentle aeration through the use of airstones: sufficient to keep the rotifers in suspension but at the same time allowing debris to sediment
- The use of flock traps is advised to ensure a clean culture by the removal of waste floccules
Tank set up and optimal culture conditions
- Temperature 25-28 °C
- Salinity 20-25 ppt
- Dissolved oxygen 5-7 ppm
- NH4+ < 20 ppm; NH3 < 1 ppm
- pH 7,5-8,5
- aeration reasonably strong using airstones
- batch culture: 3 days optimal, when water quality allows, a 4 day culture can be achieved
Method A: NannoPrime
- Add a maximum of 10 g NannoPrime per liter seawater.
- NannoPrime will easily disperse upon gentle agitation using a magnetic stirrer.
- Allow to rehydrate for at least 5 minutes.
Method B: IsoPrime
- Add a maximum of 10 g IsoPrime per liter seawater.
- Create a vortex first and then slowly add the IsoPrime to the water.
- Blend during 1 minute with a blender.
- Leave the product to rehydrate for 5 min and blend for 1 minute.
- (Optional) sieve the suspension over a 50 µm sieve before feeding to the tanks.
- The homogenised feed can be stored up to 48 hours at maximum 4 °C. Shake before use.
- Feed the daily quantities in 4-6 rations or (semi-)continuously using peristaltic pumps.
- Apply the correct feeding regime depending on your culture strategy to assure the best production output and water quality.